Once Immersed is installed on your headset and computer, start them up and follow the in-app steps to connect.
If you see “Connection Failure…”, the headset and computer cannot see each other on your Local Area Network (LAN).
#1 Recommendation: Try Wi-Fi Direct to side-step all connection issues and minimize latency!
Otherwise, please try the following:
- Ensure the headset and computer are on the same local WiFi network.
- Restart the Immersed Desktop Agent and Immersed VR application, and try again (to make sure the apps are not in a weird state).
- Turn off any VPNs and ensure there are no blocking background VPN processes still running.
- Ensure the firewalls on your computer allow Immersed to get through. Disable temporarily to test if they’re blocking Immersed.
- Check any anti-virus software installed that can prevent connection. Disable temporarily to test if they’re blocking Immersed.
- Check if you have any programs using/blocking port 21000, and 21010, or if your router configuration blocks it using these commands:
lsof -i:21000, and lsof -i:21010
If there are, destroy the process using: kill -9 <PID>
- AGAIN, restart the Immersed Desktop Agent and Immersed VR application after any of the above changes to make sure the apps are not in a weird state.
- Did you change your Oculus username since signing up for Immersed? If so, this can also prevent connection. So, please contact us directly on The Immersed Community.
Immersed is confirmed compatible with Macs made in 2015 or later, running 10.14.6 and higher. If you are not seeing all screens rendering in VR, check these permissions in System Preferences:
- On Mac, ensure Accessibility is allowed for Immersed.
- On macOS Catalina or higher, make sure Accessibility and Screen Recording Privacy are allowed for Immersed.
Other Connection Errors
If you still cannot connect after trying all these items, please try to uninstall and reinstall the agent and VR applications one last time. If that doesn’t work, reach out to us on Discord or firstname.lastname@example.org.