What is Wi-Fi Direct?
Wi-Fi Direct creates a direct connection between your Mac and headset via Wi-Fi. A direct cable connection between Mac and headset is not supported at this time.
Reasons Why You Want To Use Wi-Fi Direct
- You're struggling with virtual screen latency issues
- Your network has a firewall prohibiting a connection
- You have many devices on your local network eating up available bandwidth
Wi-Fi Direct can either be utilized via an Ethernet adapter or iPhone hotspot via USB connection.
- Plug in a USB ethernet adapter or connect your iPhone over USB into your Mac
- Go to System Preferences > Network to setup your ethernet adapter OR iPhone USB as the primary service order (this will have your Mac default to getting internet via the Ethernet adapter or iPhone USB)
3. Go to System Preferences > Sharing, and setup Wi-Fi Direct using the following settings:
4. Select Wifi Options and set your SSID (Network Name) and password.
5. Select Channel and select 36 or higher.
6. Once you’ve setup your SSID, password and channel under WiFi Options, check the Internet Sharing checkbox on the left.
7. Connect your VR headset to your Mac's hotspot connection.
Note: Once you successfully setup Internet Sharing, your Wi-Fi icon in the top menu bar will change to a Wi-Fi icon with an arrow pointing up.